While most of our events are free, certain events such as conferences, workshops and screenings are sometimes ticketed (free but must be booked) or have an admission charge. There may also be age restrictions for certain events.
Some events which are linked to specific exhibitions are free but require the purchase of an exhibition ticket for entry.
Most National Galleries of Scotland event tickets can be purchased in advance from the information desk at the Scottish National Gallery, either in person or by calling +44 (0)131 624 6560 between 9.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday with a credit or debit card.
On certain occasions we may advertise events which are not organised by the Galleries, in which case the purchase details may be different. Check the specific event details in the What’s On section of our website.
Details of specific event ticketing and pricing can be found in the What’s On section of our website. Concession pricing will appear within brackets after the main price, for instance 'Tickets £40 (£10)' indicates a concession price of £10.
For children’s workshops with an admission charge, the following rules apply:
- Parent/Primary Carer is a full-time student
- Parent/Primary Carer is a Registered Job Seeker
- Parent/Primary Carer is a Registered Disabled person in receipt of one of the following:
- Severe Disability Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Incapacity Benefit
- Carer’s Allowance
- OAP who is child’s primary carer
- Parent/Primary Carer is on a low income in receipt of one of the following:
- income support
- housing benefit
- working tax credit
- Parent/Primary Carer whose family’s sole income is from Department for Work and Pensions benefits
In all cases, proof of status is required either at the time of purchase or immediately prior to the event itself.