One of the best ways you can help us during these uncertain times is by becoming our Friend. Join now to support the National Galleries of Scotland and enjoy a wide range of benefits including unlimited free entry to our exhibitions and an exclusive events programme.
You can also support us and share the gift of unparalleled access to the galleries with a Friends gift voucher.
Unlimited free entry to all of our exhibitions for one year (during public opening hours)
Free entry for up to 4 family children under the age of 18
10% discount in all our gallery cafes
See exhibitions first at Friends previews
An exclusive events and lectures programme
Free parking at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art (during public opening hours for gallery visits)
Philanthropic Friends will enjoy these extra benefits:
Priority booking for Friends events
Invitations to selected exhibition Private Views and to a special curatorial talk or tour each year
How to join or renew in 3 easy steps
1. Select your level
Our Solo or Student Friend is for one person.
Our Duo or Philanthropic Friend can be for two named cardholders who live at the same address OR a single named cardholder who can bring an unnamed guest with them when they visit.
All Friends can also take up to 4 family children under the age of 18 along with them for free.
To join or renew online for yourself, please use the 'Buy Now' button under 'Membership for you'. If you choose to Auto-renew* you will benefit from a £5 discount!
3. Enjoy your benefits
If you join or renew online, your welcome pack will be dispatched by post within 10 working days. If you are visiting the galleries before your welcome pack arrives, you can collect a temporary Friends card and parking pass from the Modern One Information Desk or the Scottish National Gallery Information Desk (Gardens entrance).
Choose this option to benefit from a £5 discount! Your Friends membership will automatically renew each year, and you will continue to benefit from the discount, unless you cancel or there is a payment failure.
We'll send an email reminder before your auto-renewal. You can log-in to your account or contact us at any time before your expiry date to cancel. Please note that we don’t retrospectively refund auto-renewal payments.
Please also contact us before your expiry date if you wish to upgrade or make any changes.
See every exhibition for free as our Friend
Our Friends receive unlimited free entry to all National Galleries of Scotland exhibitions. Upcoming highlights include:
The biggest ever exhibition of Grayson Perry’s work, covering his 40-year career.
Rembrandt to Rego | The Printmaker’s Art
Experience the print pioneers who have made their mark in the last five hundred years.
Gift voucher help
1. Please select the 'Buy Now' button under 'A gift voucher' for your chosen Friends level.
2. Enter the date the gift voucher is to be sent. If you are sending it to your own email address, we recommend choosing today's date. If you are sending it to the recipient's email address you may wish to choose a date in the future, such as their birthday.
3. Enter the recipient's name in the 'To' box. This will appear on the gift voucher.
4. Choose which email address to send the gift voucher to. You can either:
- Email the gift voucher to yourself, to print out or forward OR
- Enter the recipient's email address in the box to send it directly to them.
5. Enter who the voucher is from in the 'From' box. This will appear on the voucher and can say whatever you wish.
6. Enter your gift message in the 'Message' box. This will appear on the voucher. You can leave this blank if you wish.
The welcome pack will be posted out after the recipient redeems their voucher. The voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of delivery.
Please contact us to discuss the details before making your online purchase if you wish us to dispatch a gift welcome pack directly to you or the recipient by post rather than using an email gift voucher.
Please do not:
- make a purchase online for someone else using the 'Buy Now' buttons or the Friends card will be issued in your name rather than the recipient's
- purchase a gift voucher and then redeem it using your own website account as then the Friends card will also be issued in your name and not the recipient's.
The Villa Throughout History
Every Thursday from 16 Feb - 9 Mar 2023
10:30am - 12 noon
£44, Friends and guests
Tickets on sale from 10am on Tuesday 7 February
Visit to the Print Room
Wed 18 Jan OR Wed 22 Feb
11am - 12 noon / 2.30pm - 3.30pm
The Story of Scottish Art | Lachlan Goudie
Thu 23 Feb 2023
6 - 8pm
£14, Friends and guests
Tickets on sale from 10am on Tuesday 7 February
Over 10,000 people currently enjoy our Friends benefits
“I get so much out of being a Friend, particularly through the wide variety of events on offer. I never miss an exhibition, and love that I can visit as often as I like, often taking a friend along too.”
“I love having free unlimited access to exhibitions across all Galleries. Together with the discount in the cafés, it’s the perfect place for a revision break.”
Our Friends are important to us
You will be supporting the National Galleries of Scotland’s extensive programme of exhibitions, education projects, conservation activities and acquisitions.
Our Friends have supported exhibitions such as Rembrandt: Britain’s Discovery of the Master, Bridget Riley and Raquib Shaw: Reinventing the Old Masters. Several special commissions have been made possible thanks to our Friends such as the Portrait of James Naughtie by Brendan Kelly and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Harry Benson.
Contact the Friends office
You can contact us using the button below or by email, phone or post.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: You can call the Friends Office directly on 0300 003 0057
Post: Modern Two Lodge, 72 Belford Road, Edinburgh, EH4 3DS