- Thursday 18 February, 10-10.45 am
Art Zoom session for parents and carers of babies born in the last 12 months.
This is not a session for your baby, it’s time and space for you.
This is the fourth session in our new Art Connects series. Each morning is led by a different artist. You will have a playful time, making immediate 'no pressure' artworks and enjoying some time and space to chat, if you like. Led by artist Nicola Wiltshire, this session playfully explores collage as an approach to drawing. Combining shapes, pattern and colour, you will create a houseplant-inspired collage using paper, scissors and some simple mark-making.
- Patterned paper for pot (can be a page from a magazine/newspaper, wrapping paper, a child's drawing, an old photo, a leaflet)
- Heavy paper or card for base (can be square or rectangular and cut from a cereal box, catalogue cover, cardboard box, etc)
- Green paper for leaves, roughly the same size as your base (could be white paper painted green, a greenish advert from a magazine, newspaper coloured in with green pencil, etc. Can be a block colour, or multiple shades)
- Two different colours of paper for your background, roughly the same size as your base (can be plain/patterned as long as the colours work well with the patterned paper for your pot. Bring options if you're not sure)
- Black felt pen/marker pen/pencil (optional)
- Drawing materials of your choice, such as crayons, oil pastels, pencils, felt pens (make sure they work on the paper you've selected for your leaves and background)
- A surface to work on that you don't mind getting messy
- Your favourite houseplant, or a photo to work from (or you can work from a plant on my screen)
Friends of the Galleries get free unlimited entry to all exhibitions, and enjoy a wide range of exclusive benefits including early exhibition access, special events and 10% discount in our cafes.
Browse what's on at the galleries below, or filter results to narrow your search.