Loans from the Collection
When you visit the National Galleries of Scotland, you might notice that an object is on loan and not out on display. The organisation is often asked to lend its artworks, most frequently to temporary exhibitions in other museums and galleries, but also occasionally for study purposes. We consider ourselves generous lenders and are proud of having a collection that is in demand around the world.
- Old Man and Two Girls in a Garden - Study for 'Grandfather's Garden'
- Edward Arthur Walton More on this work
- D 5102.10 B
- Scottish Art
- The Virgin Adoring the Christ Child ('The Ruskin Madonna')
- Andrea del Verrocchio More on this work
- NG 2338
- The Temptation and Expulsion from Paradise [after Michelangelo]
- Lorenzo Lotto More on this work
- RSA 809