We are excited to welcome you back!
Thank you for making a booking to visit the Scottish National Gallery. We are delighted to give you the chance to have your own special experience with the much-loved artworks of the nation’s art collection.
If you have visited us before then you will notice that some things have changed. As well as our timed ticketing system we have taken measures to make sure you have the safest and most enjoyable visit you can. We've put a few new things in place to enhance your experience. Here's the essential, need to know info...
- Your ticket is only valid for the date, time and venue stated. Please check all the information contained is correct. If not, get in touch with us at [email protected]
- For more information on the local protection levels visit the Scottish Government website.
- Admission will be within 15 minutes of the time stated on your ticket. We cannot guarantee admission if you arrive more than 15 minutes after your allotted time.
- If you cannot make the slot you have booked then please let us know at the email address above so someone else can have your slot.
- You can print off the ticket attached and bring it with you or show this email on your mobile phone at the entrance at the Mound.
- We recommend you arrive no more than 5 minutes before your allotted admission time.
- There will be a queuing system in place which is outdoors and uncovered and there is no indoor space for visitors to wait so we suggest arriving as close to your time slot as possible.
- Please meet up with other members of your party before entering the Gallery as there are no designated meeting spaces.
- In line with Government guidelines we ask all visitors over 5 years old to bring and wear their own face coverings. Our staff will be wearing face coverings.
- To enable us to ensure we manage our visitor capacity and physical distancing we are asking that people do not stay longer than one hour. You are, of course, welcome to come back another time for free.
- We are adopting the Scottish Government Check In Scotland system. When you arrive for your visit that you will be asked 'check in' all your party members. This can be done via an optional free smartphone app (downloadable from the app store on your phone), by scanning a QR code at the gallery entrance, or a member of our team will take your details. When you finish your can 'check out' of the venue by the same method. Any details you have given will be deleted after 21 days. While this scheme is not mandatory, we are requesting all visitors to take part. More on how we manage your data.
- Most of the rooms on the main gallery floor are open for you to enjoy as part of your visit. We have had to close some rooms due to the challenges of providing a visit that complies with physical distancing regulations. These include all of the upstairs galleries including those where we usually display Impressionist and Post-Impressionist works and works by the Glasgow Boys. We have moved a selection of Impressionist and Post Impressionist works to the main floor for viewing.
- We have made information about many of the artworks on display available via our free mobile phone app Smartify. Find out more about Smartify.
- There are no lockers currently available.
- The Gallery shop at the Gardens Entrance is open Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm. The shop is accessible via the Gardens entrance at West Prince Street Gardens. There is no direct access to the Galleries from the Gardens Entrance.
- Please use contactless payment for all shop transactions. Contactless can be used for up to £45 on UK accounts.
- The Scottish Cafe & Restaurant is open Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm. Last orders is one hour before closing. Advance booking is required. Please note: a booking for admission to the Gallery is not also a booking at the restaurant, that has to be made separately. Book your table here.
- For details on how to get here see our travel info.
- Download your map of the Gallery
- After you have visited, please tell us how we did today. It will only take a few minutes.