We are excited to welcome you!
Thank you for making a booking to visit the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art (Modern Two) to see Ray Harryhausen: Titan of Cinema. We are delighted to give you the chance to have your own special experience with the much-loved artworks of the nation’s art collection. This page is dedicated to explaining exactly what to expect when you visit us at Modern Two. For more on the exhibiton itself, see our exhibition page.
If you have visited us before then you will notice that some things have changed. As well as our timed ticketing system we have taken measures to make sure you have the safest and most enjoyable visit you can. We've put a few new things in place to enhance your experience. Here's the essential, need to know info...
- Your ticket is only valid for the date, time and venue stated. Please check all the information contained is correct. If not, get in touch with us at [email protected]
- Admission can be within 60 minutes of the time stated on your ticket.
- You can print off the ticket attached and bring it with you or show this email on your mobile phone at the entrance.
- We recommend you arrive no more than 5 minutes before your allotted admission time. There will be a queuing system in place which is outdoors and uncovered.
- Please meet up with other members of your party before entering the Gallery as there are no designated meeting spaces.
- We ask all visitors over 12 years old to bring and wear their own face coverings. Our staff will be wearing face coverings.
- We are adopting the Scottish Government Check In Scotland system. When you arrive for your visit that you will be asked 'check in' all your party members. This can be done via an optional free smartphone app (downloadable from the app store on your phone), by scanning a QR code at the gallery entrance, or a member of our team will take your details. When you finish your can 'check out' of the venue by the same method. Any details you have given will be deleted after 21 days. While this scheme is not mandatory, we are requesting all visitors to take part. More on how we manage your data.
- We have made information about many of the artworks on display available via our free mobile phone app Smartify. Find out more about Smartify.
- Paolozzi Kitchen is open 10am-5pm daily. Last orders is 4.30pm. No booking is required.
- Please use contactless payment for all transaction if possible. Contactless can be used for up to £45 on UK accounts.
- For details on how to get here see our travel info.
- Download your map of the Gallery
We have signed up to Check In Scotland, a voluntary service which enables visitors to quickly and securely provide their contact details to asssist with COVID-19 contact tracing.
We have signed up to the Good to Go scheme to show we are committed to meeting current Scottish Government health and safety standards for our buildings, staff and visitors.
Admission is via a ticketed entry system. Booking is recommended. If you have not pre-booked, entry may be available on the day. Ask a member of staff onsite for details.
We have instituted a programme of deep cleaning of the Galleries and will have staff onsite cleaning all touch points throughout the day.
We ask that you respect physical distancing from others during your visit.
We ask all visitors over the age of 12 to bring and wear a face covering. Our staff will be wearing face coverings.
Hand sanitiser is available in key areas, along with increased cleaning regimes in toilets and other high use areas.
We are admitting visitors coming into our galleries via hourly visitor slots. We hope that this will make you feel safe when re-engaging with much-loved artworks.
If you or anyone you live with displays symptoms associated with COVID-19, please delay your visit until it is safe to do so.
Download Smartify to access our highlights tour, large print labels and get more information about the artworks during your visit.