You are Here | Terms and conditions
By submitting text or digital files to You Are Here – 2020: Stories, Portraits, Visions you confirm that you have read and understood, and agree to be bound by, the following rules:
- The project is open to all.
- Only one submission to each category per person. You can submit work as an individual or/and as part of a group.
- Works must have been created this year and respond to the themes.
- Each submission must have the following information. Name of producer and rough geographic location. You can provide additional details (job titles, ages) and a title for your work if appropriate. (e.g. Jim Shaw image of Karen Shaw – My daughter the nurse in full PPE, South Lanarkshire).
- Submissions can be displayed anonymously on request.
- Work will be selected for display by a panel consisting of Learning and Engagement and curatorial staff. Each submission will be considered under the following criteria: creativity, originality, geographic spread and how unique the submission is compared to other submissions.
- We will retain all submissions. We will only be able to exhibit a selection at any one time. We will not be able to provide exact dates for the display of submissions due to the expected high volume.
- The majority of the submissions will be displayed on the exhibition feature pages at nationalgalleries.org.
- Submission title and creator of the work’s names will be displayed in the exhibition and will be used on the National Galleries of Scotland website and other social networking sites.
- Descriptions and information displayed next to each entry may be edited for brevity and clarity.
- The National Galleries of Scotland reserve the right not to display and remove from display, any content we deem offensive or inappropriate or if we cannot verify relevant permissions have been sought.
- The named person on the submission form is responsible for ensuring appropriate permissions have been sought for each person, or another lawful basis under data protection legislation applies, before sharing personal data with the National Galleries of Scotland. By entering this project, entrants are confirming that the required consent has been given by any child’s parent or legal guardian, or that another lawful basis applies and all people depicted in imagery submitted have given consent.
- Personal data provided will only be used by the National Galleries of Scotland for the purposes of the project.
- The copyright in any image or literary work submitted shall remain with the named person on the submission form. The named person warrants and represent that they own all rights (including without limitation copyright) in submissions and that submissions do not infringe any third-party rights. Named person agrees to a non-exclusive license of the rights owned by them in their submission for such period of time as they subsist without further consent from or payment to named person. Named person understands that by extending a non-exclusive licence, they allow the use of their submission by National Galleries of Scotland until expiry of the rights. Named person also retains the right to use the submission by National Galleries of Scotland until expiry of the rights. This allows named person to use their entry for their own purposes. The terms of this licence apply worldwide. Under the terms of this licence, named person authorises National Galleries of Scotland to record, publish, reproduce, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, display, otherwise use, and permit and sub-licence to others use of the submission in any manner, form, or format whatsoever now or hereafter created, including on the Internet, on any form of social media, and in all and any media channels now known or hereafter devised, and for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising or promotion of National Galleries of Scotland, its affiliates, visitors, or their services, using any of the images for any publicity and/or promotional activities without consent from or payment to named person.
- National Galleries of Scotland reserves the right to cancel or amend the project and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, natural disaster or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of its control. Any changes to the project will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by National Galleries of Scotland.
- National Galleries of Scotland reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available online. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
- These rules shall be governed by Scots Law and the entrant and National Galleries of Scotland agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.