Terms and Conditions
Image Upload Terms and Conditions
- All photographs, images and captions must be suitable for a family audience and inclusion with the Put Yourself in the Picture Campaign. The National Galleries of Scotland reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any image or caption which is considered inappropriate. In the event that a photograph, image or caption has been rejected, the supporter will be given the opportunity to replace the photograph or image and/or amend the caption.
- All images should be less than 2MB in size.
- Photographs, images and captions which are approved by the National Galleries of Scotland will appear in the Put Yourself in the Picture appeal. This consists of a virtual portrait gallery which can be viewed on the National Galleries of Scotland’s website (www.nationalgalleries.org/yourpicture) and a touch screen and IT units located within the Scottish National Portrait Gallery (which re-opens in December 2011).
- Approved images will be displayed in accordance with Paragraph 3 for a period of either (i) five (5) years following the date when the image is uploaded to Put Yourself in the Picture or (ii) five (5) years from the re-opening of the Scottish National Portrait Gallery, whichever is longer. The period of display can be extended by making a further donation to the National Galleries of Scotland.
- By uploading photographs or images to this appeal, the supporter consents to his, her or their images being displayed in accordance with Paragraph 3. The National Galleries of Scotland is operating this appeal in line with Copyright and Data Protection legislation.
- By uploading a photograph, image and/or caption to this appeal, the supporter acknowledges and grants the National Galleries of Scotland a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use the uploaded photograph, image and/or caption in connection with any other promotional work or campaigns operated by the National Galleries of Scotland.
- If a supporter is submitting photographs or images featuring other individuals, the supporter must ensure that he, she or they have the consent of all of those individuals before uploading the photograph or image. The National Galleries of Scotland reserves the right to remove or modify such photographs or images in the event that such consent has not been obtained.
Any images deemed to be in breach of these guidelines will be removed from the feature online and within the Scottish National Portrait Gallery
The National Galleries of Scotland cannot be held responsible for any images posted to this group by third party users. However, if you discover any images which you feel are inappropriate or in breach of copyright, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow it up with the relevant person.