The staff and Trustees would like to thank all those who have given donations, works of art, legacies or in memoriam gifts to the National Galleries of Scotland.
In addition we would like to thank the Friends, Patrons and American Patrons of the National Galleries of Scotland for their continued interest in our work.
Donors and Supporters 2018-19
The Scottish Government
The National Lottery Heritage Fund
National Heritage Memorial Fund
National Galleries of Scotland Foundation
Players of People's Postcode Lottery
Friends of the National Galleries of Scotland
Patrons of the National Galleries of Scotland
American Patrons of the National Library and Galleries of Scotland
American Friends of British Art
The Ampersand Foundation
The Arts Society, Scotland & Northern Ireland
Ewan and Christine Brown
Richard and Catherine Burns
Edinburgh Decorative and Fine Arts Society
Kenneth and Julia Greig
Kimberly C. Louis Stewart Foundation
Kent and Vicki Logan
Walter and Norma Nimmo
The Philadelphia Museum of Art
Walter Scott and Partners Limited
The Henry and Sula Walton Fund
The Whitney Museum of American Art
Robert and Nicky Wilson
Trusts and Foundations
Support from trusts and foundations, locally, nationally and internationally, is a significant part of our fundraising programme and helps us to realise many of our most important projects. Donations large and small are vital, from large refurbishment projects to short-term learning programmes. This support ensures that we can realise some of our most ambitious programmes.
Some examples of activities which are supported by trusts and foundations are:
- Capital projects to transform our galleries and how we display our collections
- Educational activities such as outreach projects, work with community groups and practical art workshops
- Research programmes
- Temporary exhibitions
- The purchase or restoration of works of art
- Publications and digital initiatives
- Concerts, films, lectures and other public events at the National Galleries of Scotland
Please contact [email protected] or call 0131 624 6437 for more information about trusts and foundations.
People's Postcode Lottery
The National Galleries of Scotland is proud to be an official charity of the People’s Postcode Lottery. Our longstanding relationship with People’s Postcode Lottery has been critical in supporting our objective to engage, inform and inspire the broadest possible public. Since our first award from Postcode Culture Trust in 2011, we have delivered a lively and innovative programme of exhibitions, events and educational work, much of which would not have been possible without the support of the players of People’s Postcode Lottery. The funding we receive (more than £2.7 million to date) has supported a broad range of activity, including: Turner in January, our much loved annual display of water colours by JMW Turner; the Gallery Bus, a daily service that each year transports thousands of visitors between all three gallery sites; and our Summer Families programme, which puts families at the centre of activity at the galleries for one month of the year with activities, workshops and tours aimed at engaging families.
About People’s Postcode Lottery
- People’s Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries promoted by different charities and good causes. People play with their chosen postcodes for a chance to win cash prizes. A minimum of 32% from each subscription goes directly to charities and good causes across Great Britain and internationally. For details of the charities and good causes which are promoting and benefitting from the lottery draws, please visit https://www.postcodelottery.co.uk/good-causes/draw-calendar
- It costs £10 a month to play and winning postcodes are announced every day. The maximum amount a single ticket can win is 10% of the draw proceed. For details, please visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/prizes
- New players can sign up to pay using direct debit by calling 0808 10 9 8 7 6 5. New players who sign up online at www.postcodelottery.co.uk can pay using direct debit, debit card or PayPal.
- Postcode Lottery Limited is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licence numbers: 000-000829-N-102511 and 000-000829-R-102513. Registered office: Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR
- Follow the People's Postcode Lottery @PostcodePress
The National Galleries of Scotland Foundation
The National Galleries of Scotland Foundation (the Foundation) was established in March 2012. The Foundation supports the important work of the National Galleries of Scotland and is an independent body for fundraising. All income generated by the Foundation is used to support the work of the Galleries. The Foundation is managed by a Board of Trustees which meets four times a year.
If you would like further information about the work of the Foundation, please contact the Head of Development, Samantha Lagneau, on 0131 624 6458, or email [email protected].
Turcan Connell Company Secretaries Limited is the Company Secretary and the registered office is at Princes Exchange 1, Earl Grey Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9EE.
National Galleries of Scotland Foundation is a charity registered in Scotland (No. SCO43024).