The National Galleries of Scotland Research Conference
8 October 2013
9.30am - 4.45pm
Hawthornden Lecture Theatre (Entry via Princes St Gardens)
Scottish National Gallery, The Mound, Edinburgh, EH2 2EL
The first National Galleries of Scotland Annual Research Conference was held on the 8th of October 2013. It was a one-day conference with speakers from the National Galleries of Scotland and several academic institutions in Scotland presenting on recent research related to the collections and activities of the Galleries and including guest speaker Professor Nigel Llewellyn, Head of Research at Tate. It was a fascinating day with a wealth of insights and discoveries and an indication of the breadth of research being conducted in relation to the Galleries and its collections.
Attendance was open to anyone with a professional or academic interest in the work and collections of the National Galleries of Scotland.
We were delighted to welcome the following speakers to the conference:
- Guest speaker: Professor Nigel Llewellyn, Head of Research, Tate
- Robin Baillie, National Galleries of Scotland
- Dr David Feeney, Visual Impairment Scotland & Mairi Taylor, FLIP: Disability in the Arts
- Dr Frances Fowle & Lesley Stevenson, National Galleries of Scotland
- Dr Anne Galastro, University of Edinburgh
- Malcolm Innes, Edinburgh Napier University
- Dr Dana MacFarlane, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Tawny Paul, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Sally Rush, University of Glasgow
- Dr Shari Sabeti, Moray House School of Education, University of Edinburgh
- Tico Seifert, National Galleries of Scotland
- Alice Strang, National Galleries of Scotland
- Professor Caroline Wilkinson, University of Dundee & Janice Aitken, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design
See attached pdf for the full programme.