The National Galleries of Scotland Personal Shopper service is a premium, complimentary shopping experience, available at our Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art (Modern One) gallery shop.
Appointments must be arranged in advance. There is no minimum spend or obligation to buy.
To make an appointment
- Email us to arrange a timeslot
- Appointments will be confirmed by email.
- We aim to reply within 24 hours.
- After you have arranged your appointment, your Personal Shopper will email you to find out more about what you are looking for and answer any questions you may have.
What to expect
- After you have made your appointment, your Personal Shopper will email you to find out more about what you are looking for and answer any questions you may have.
- Your Personal Shopper will have product suggestions ready for you when you arrive. During your appointment, you can walk around the shop with your Personal Shopper, or browse at your leisure.
- Appointments will last for 45 minutes but if you would like longer you can book up to a maximum of two slots.
- On the day of your appointment, you can skip the Gallery ticket holders queue and speak to one of our visitor services team who will take you to the Shop. Should you encounter any delays please call the Gallery Shop on 0131 624 6307.
- You will be required to wear a face covering (our Shop and Gallery staff will be, too) during your appointment. Your Personal Shopper will have disposable face coverings, sanitiser and gloves on hand too if you need them.
- We ask for a maximum of 2 people per booking. Larger groups may be available at a later date. Please let us know if you are interested in knowing when this becomes available.
- Our Shop is cleaned prior to each appointment. Depending on what the Shop products are made of, they will either be wiped down or quarantined for 72 hours after use.
- At the moment, we are unable to offer refreshments during your appointment. Toilets are available at the rear entrance of the Modern One building.
- We are currently taking card payments only.
- If you wish to visit the Gallery before/after your appointment, please follow the online booking instructions for a ticketed time slot.
Terms & conditions
- Appointments are subject to the availability of a Personal Shopper. Appointments will be confirmed by email.
- Individual appointments are available during Gallery opening hours for a minimum of 45 minutes and a maximum of 2 hours.
- We request that customers with disabilities be accompanied by a Friend who is able to assist the Personal Shopper.
- Personal Shoppers are available to give advice only. Customers are under no obligation to purchase any products recommended by the Personal Shopper.
- We request that cancellations be notified at least 24 hours in advance. Customers may rebook their appointment using the online booking system.
- The National Galleries of Scotland reserves the right to cancel, terminate or refuse to schedule a Personal Shopper appointment for any reason in its sole discretion, including in circumstances outside of its control.