We are excited to welcome you back!
Thank you for making a booking to visit the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art (Modern One). We are delighted to give you the chance to have your own special experience with the much-loved artworks of the nation’s art collection.
If you have visited us before then you will notice that some things have changed. As well as our timed ticketing system we have taken measures to make sure you have the safest and most enjoyable visit you can. We've put a few new things in place to enhance your experience. Here's the essential, need to know info...
- Your ticket is only valid for the date, time and venue stated. Please check all the information contained is correct. If not, get in touch with us at [email protected]
- For more information on the local protection levels visit the Scottish Government website. If you are not permitted to travel to Edinburgh and have already booked a ticket to visit us, please contact us at [email protected]
- Admission will be within 15 minutes of the time stated on your ticket.
- If you cannot make the slot you have booked then please let us know at the email address above so someone else can have your slot.
- You can print off the ticket attached and bring it with you or show this email on your mobile phone at the entrance.
- We recommend you arrive no more than 5 minutes before your allotted admission time. There will be a queuing system in place which is outdoors and uncovered and there is no indoor space for visitors to wait so we suggest arriving as close to your time slot as possible.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes after your allotted time we cannot guarantee admission.
- Please meet up with other members of your party before entering the Gallery as there are no designated meeting spaces.
- In line with Government guidelines we ask all visitors over 5 years old to bring and wear their own face coverings. Our staff will be wearing face coverings.
- We are adopting the Scottish Government Check In Scotland system. When you arrive for your visit that you will be asked 'check in' all your party members. This can be done via an optional free smartphone app (downloadable from the app store on your phone), by scanning a QR code at the gallery entrance, or a member of our team will take your details. When you finish your can 'check out' of the venue by the same method. Any details you have given will be deleted after 21 days. While this scheme is not mandatory, we are requesting all visitors to take part. More on how we manage your data.
- To enable us to ensure we manage our visitor capacity and physical distancing we are asking that people do not stay longer than one hour. You are, of course, welcome to come back another time for free.
- We have made information about many of the artworks on display available via our free mobile phone app Smartify. Find out more about Smartify.
- There are no lockers currently available so please avoid bringing large bags or luggage with you.
- Café Modern One is open 10am-5pm. Advance booking is not required. It is accessible from the rear of the building. There is no direct access to the Galleries from the cafe at this time.
- Please use contactless payment for all transactions. Contactless can be used for up to £45 on UK accounts.
- For details on how to get here see our travel info.
- Download your map of the gallery.
- After you have visited, please tell us how we did today - it will only take a couple of minutes.