- By entering the competition, schools and nurseries confirm that they have read and understood, and agree to be bound by, the following terms and conditions relating to prizes awarded by the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.
- The winners of the competition shall be decided by a panel of judges (consisting of representatives from National Galleries of Scotland and other independent representatives) and who shall decide, in their absolute discretion, the winner.
- A further set of winners will then be decided by a panel of judges from the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (RBGE) and who shall decide, in their absolute discretion, the winner. The decision of the RBGE judges shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into by the RBGE.
- No cash alternative to any prize is available and the prizes shall be non-transferable.
- The copyright in any image selected as a winner by the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh shall remain with the Winner. Winners warrant and represent that they own all rights (including without limitation copyright) in entries and that entries do not infringe any third party rights. Winners agree to a non-exclusive licence of the rights owned by them in their entry for such period of time as they subsist without further consent from or payment to Winners. Winners understand that by extending a non-exclusive licence, they allow the use of their entry by the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh until expiry of the rights. Winners also retain the right to use the entry by the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh until expiry of the rights. This allows Winners to use their entry for their own purposes. The terms of this licence apply worldwide. Under the terms of this licence, Winners authorise the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh to record, publish, reproduce, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, display, otherwise use and permit and sub-licence to others use of the entry in any manner, form, or format whatsoever now or hereafter created, including on the Internet, on any form of social media, and in all and any media channels now known or hereafter devised, and for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising or promotion of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, its affiliates, visitors, or their services, using any of the winning images for any publicity and/or promotional activities without consent from or payment to Winners.
- Other terms and conditions stipulated by the National Galleries of Scotland also apply.
- A privacy notice in relation to the Art Competition for Schools details what data we will hold on winners, what we do with it and how to contact us.
Prizes will include:
- Three annual family memberships with the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
Joint/Family Membership of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
Specific terms and conditions
- The prize of joint/family Membership is valid for two adults and any children under 18 living at the same address.
- The membership is non-transferable.
- RBGE reserves the right to change the membership benefits at any time and without prior notice.
- The prize of joint/family Membership of RBGE is valid for 12 consecutive months only.We would be delighted if you wished to continue your membership after the prize has expired.For more details, please contact the Membership Office at 07917 837821 or [email protected]