Your Art World | Terms and conditions
Accepting these terms and conditions
A parent or legal guardian (over 16 years of age) must read and accept these Terms and Conditions where the child is under the age of 16 before permitting the child to submit entries to Your Art World. 16-18 year olds may read and accept the Terms and Conditions themselves.
In the case of school entries, it is the responsibility of the school to ensure appropriate permissions are in place before submitting entries.
Terms and conditions of entry
By taking part in Your Art World, each entrant confirms that they (and their parent/ legal guardian if under 16 years) have read, understood and agreed to be bound by, the following rules:
- Your Art World is open to all children living in Scotland, aged from 3 to 18 years old.
- Entries must be the child’s own work.
- Entries must be uploaded via the online entry form by the deadline stated on our website. New Art Challenges with new deadlines will be posted termly and children are invited to upload their responses by the end of the relevant term. Responses to previous terms’ challenges will not be accepted after the closing date.
- No entries will be accepted by post.
- A child can enter as an individual and as part of a group.
- We reserve the right to remove, or not to exhibit, any work that is deemed by National Galleries of Scotland (NGS) as unsuitable for any reason.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to take part.
- A privacy notice for Your Art World details what data we collect from entrants, what we do with it and how to contact us. Personal data provided will only be used by NGS in the ways described in these terms and conditions and Your Art World privacy notice.
- Each individual entry must be submitted as a jpeg image file up to 10MB, a mp3 audio file up to 10 MB, mp4 video file (max 3mins) or word document up to 2 pages. Files must be titled as: child’s first name and /or title or category of the work as you wish it to appear on the website. No other personal data should be included in the file name. No changes can be made to file names after submission.
- Photographs of children should not be submitted with the image (eg the child should not be visible holding up their work). Artworks may feature photographic or video footage of children only if permissions have been given by all parents/ legal guardians and children involved. It is the responsibility of the person uploading the work to check that all necessary consents have been given.
- If entries are submitted by a school, the participating school is responsible for ensuring appropriate permissions have been given for each child, or another lawful basis under data protection legislation applies, before sharing personal data with the National Galleries of Scotland. By entering Your Art World, entrants are confirming that the required consent has been given by each child or their parent/ legal guardian, or that another lawful basis applies.
- If a child aged 13 or over is submitting their own work but wishes to provide an adult’s contact details, they must first ask the adult for permission.
- Entrants’ names and entries will be displayed on the NGS website, third party online gallery provider and in any related exhibition and may be used on NGS’ social networking sites. An exception to this can be made on request.
- We may from time to time invite participants to exhibit their work in NGS venues. To this end, we may contact the entrant, their parent/legal guardian or school contact as supplied at the time of submission.
- Any exhibitions in an NGS venue will be co-curated by children who are members of Your Art World in collaboration with NGS and associates. The decision of NGS shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into by NGS.
- The copyright in any image entered in Your Art World shall (as between the entrant, and NGS) remain with the entrant but NGS has the right to use the work in perpetuity throughout the world. NGS may use your work in any way it sees fit in and permit and sub-licence to others the use of the work entry in any manner, form, or format whatsoever now or hereafter created, including on the Internet, on any form of social media, and in all and any media channels now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity without further liability, payment or acknowledgement to you (and you hereby give NGS all necessary consents and waivers, (including waivers of moral rights) for such purposes).
- Entrants warrant and represent that they own all rights (including without limitation copyright) in entries and that entries do not infringe any third party rights.
- NGS are not responsible for late, lost or delayed entries.
- Entry to Your Art World shall only be valid if the entrant has complied with these rules.
- NGS reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available online. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
- These rules shall be governed by Scots Law and the entrant and NGS agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
Giving consent to process personal data
Once these terms and conditions have been accepted, children aged 13 or over can submit their own entries via the online form and give consent for the personal data to be used as set out in Your Art World privacy notice.
A parent, legal guardian or teacher can make a submission on a child’s behalf:
- if the child is under 13;
- with the child’s authority if they are 13 or over, or;
- if it is in the child’s best interests (eg the child doesn’t fully understand the implications of their data being used but would still like to enter).