Welcome to the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, home to Scotland’s outstanding collection of modern and contemporary art.
Those visiting will have their very own special experiences with the much-loved artworks of the nation’s exceptional art collection, as initially, we will be limiting the number of visitors in each gallery at any one time.
- To manage this we've instituted a free, timed ticketing system.
- Admission is free, but tickets must be booked here in advance. Everyone, except babes in arms, are required to have a ticket.
- Booking is now open and can be made up to four weeks in advance of your visit.
- If you have already booked a ticket but cannot make, or need to exchange it for another time slot, get in touch with us at [email protected]
- Advance booking for Cafe Modern One is not required.
Everything you need to know can be found below, or on our Frequently Asked Questions.
While we've not been able to have you in our gallery buildings we've been quietly keeping busy with getting everything ready for when you return. We have signed up to the Good to Go scheme to show we are committed to meeting current Scottish Government health and safety standards for our buildings and staff.
Find out what displays are included in this visit