The National Galleries of Scotland’s exhibition When We Were Young: Photographs of Childhood from the National Galleries of Scotland, documents the experience and representation of childhood. Join us for a day of talks exploring different perspectives of childhood from the historical to the visual through topics such as play, consent and co-production.
- Dr Harriet Riches, Course Director MA Art & Design, Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Art<
- Wendy McMurdo, Artist
- Jennie Temple, Artist and Lecturer, Edinburgh College
- Claire Craig, Curator, Travelling Gallery
- Dr Kate Random Love, Lecturer, Glasgow School of Art
- Robin Baillie, Senior Outreach Officer, National Galleries of Scotland
- Richie Cumming, Outreach Officer, National Galleries of Scotland
the panel moderator will be Dr Roberta McGrath, Associate Lecturer in Photographic Theory and Criticism, Edinburgh Napier University
The event is followed by a drinks reception (16.00 – 16.50pm).
The event is free but ticketed. Tickets are available from Eventbrite and the Scottish National Gallery Information Desk located at the Princes Street Gardens Entrance or by calling 0131 624 6560.