- Thursday 3 December, 6-6.45pm
The Drawing Room examines the range of possibilities within contemporary drawing practice. This session will explore some favourite experimental drawing exercises and techniques, aimed at boosting drawing confidence, kicking off with a relaxing warm-up drawing meditation to help you focus.
Led by silversmith Bryony Knox, in this session using kitchen cutlery and disposable aluminium we will be making drawings of initials, lettering or patterns inspired by items from your kitchen cupboard.
You will need:
• Kitchen Aluminium Tin/ Trays – Disposable baking or roasting tins, clean recycled pie or Mince Pie tins or a takeaway carton to draw on. Only one or two needed.
• An old magazine/ newspaper/ mouse mat- a soft surface to draw on.
• Drawing implements- an old ball point pen/ Biro, and any kitchen utensils: wooden spoon, teaspoon, fork, cookie cutters, rolling pin...
• Objects to draw inspiration from your kitchen cupboard- Look for big fun lettering or logos e.g. Marmite, Golden Syrup, Ketchup/ Brown sauce, Cereal boxes etc
• Sharpies/ Colour Permanent Markers- Optional addition of colour.
A Zoom link and brief will be sent to participants before the session.
Drawing Room - Kitchen Table Edition #15
Friends of the Galleries get free unlimited entry to all exhibitions, and enjoy a wide range of exclusive benefits including early exhibition access, special events and 10% discount in our cafes.
Browse what's on at the galleries below, or filter results to narrow your search.