- Thursday 19 August, 10-10.45am
Art Zoom session for parents and carers of babies born in the last twelve months.
This is not a session for your baby, it’s time and space for you.
Each session is led by a different artist but follows the same welcoming and supportive format. You will have a playful time, making immediate 'no pressure' artworks and enjoying some time and space to chat, if you like. This month we will be led by artist Kirsty Lorenz.
August: Votive Offering (flower posy)
The word posy is derived from the word ‘poetry’. We will create a small flower posy very much like a ‘Haiku’, where there is an emphasis on composition, structure and a concentration of meaning. We will carefully place a small number of flowers, grasses, seed heads or leaves together and tie with a blade of grass, piece of string or ribbon. We will draw our posy (and its shadow) in ink, dropping in a little colour if we have it/want to.
You will need:
- 7 – 10 flowers, seedheads, leaves, grasses, wildflowers etc to, ideally, give a few things to choose from
- Flexible blades of grass, string or ribbon to tie with
- A pair of scissors to clip stems
- Pencil and rubber
- Dipping pen and ink, or a fine line drawing pen
- Water and brush
- Watercolours or coloured pencils if you have them
- Two sheets of paper, big enough to match the size of your posy
Friends of the Galleries get free unlimited entry to all exhibitions, and enjoy a wide range of exclusive benefits including early exhibition access, special events and 10% discount in our cafes.
Browse what's on at the galleries below, or filter results to narrow your search.