Make a picture inspired by fire. It can be realistic or abstract.
Use any materials, techniques or processes (for example drawing, painting, printmaking, textiles, photography, computer-aided design, collage, montage).
Below you will find three key artworks to look at and discuss as a class.
There are then 10 examples of artworks made by children in response to this theme.
- Sources of fire could be matches, candles, fireworks, fireplaces, cookers, barbeques, bonfires, volcanoe
- Colours could be yellows, oranges, reds, purples and blues
- Shapes could be flames, sparks, flickers, shadows
- Sounds could be crackling, roaring, hissing, shooting
- Security and prevention of fire could be fire alarms, fire extinguishers, escape routes, fire engines, fire fighters, ladders, hoses
Artworks created for this theme