National Galleries of Scotland are pleased to share this virtual launch event for a powerful short film - Climate action needs culture - commissioned by a collaboration of cultural bodies in Scotland.
The film launch is followed by presentations by climate and cultural leaders, including the Director-General of the Galleries, Sir John Leighton, providing effective examples of collaborations in climate action. The film and presentations are followed by a Q&A with the speakers.
This event was originally broadcast live on Friday, 5 November 2021 as part of the Scottish Government’s Climate Ambition Zone at the Lighthouse during COP26.
- Ewan Hyslop, Head of Technical Research and Science, Historic Environment Scotland / Climate Heritage Network (Chair)
- Tania Banotti, Director, Creative Ireland - Creative Climate Action
- Prof. James Curran, Chair, Climate Ready Clyde
- Anna Hodgart, Artist Development Producer, National Theatre of Scotland
- Sir John Leighton, Director General, National Galleries of Scotland
- Prof. Dave Reay, Director, Climate Change Institute, University of Edinburgh
- Helen Vincent, Head of Rare Books, Maps and Music, National Library of Scotland / International Federation of Library Associations
You can watch Climate action needs culture and access a transcript of the film here.