The Keystone View Company was a major distributor of stereographic images, and was located in Meadville, Pennsylvania. The company was started by B.L. Singley, who had started his career as a salesman for Underwood & Underwood – an American company and an early producer and distributor of stereoscopic and other photographic images – and later was a pioneer in the field of news-bureau photography. From 1892 through to 1963 Keystone produced and distributed educational, comic and sentimental stereoviews, and stereoscopes. By 1905 it was the world's largest stereographic company.