Charles Shepherd and Arthur Robertson

(active 1860s)
Charles Shepherd and Arthur Robertson Chohan Rajpoots, Delhi Between 1862 and 1868


The photographic firm of Shepherd and Robertson was established at Agra in 1862. Samuel Bourne joined it in 1864 when it had moved to Simla. The firm, later called Howard, Shepherd and Bourne continued until 1870. The studio specialised predominantly in images with an anthropological and ethnographic concern, sometimes to accompany publications on the life and customs of the people of India.