Equal Pay Policy
NGS Equal Pay Policy
The National Galleries of Scotland is committed to the principle of equal pay, and we aim to eliminate any bias on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, disability or age from our pay systems.
It is in the best interests of the NGS to ensure we have a fair and just pay system. It is important that employees have confidence in the process of eliminating bias and we are therefore committed to working with the recognised trade unions to take action to ensure that we provide equal pay.
Our objectives are to:
- Eliminate any unfair, unjust or unlawful practices that impact on pay.
- Take appropriate remedial action.
- Implement an equal pay review in line with EOC guidance for employees on the payroll at the time of the audit.
- Plan and implement actions in conjunction with trade unions.
- Provide training and guidance for those involved in determining pay.
- Inform employees of how these practices work and how their own pay is being determined.
- Respond to any grievances on equal pay as a priority.
- In conjunction with trade unions, monitor pay statistics annually.
As a listed public body, NGS has specific Gender Equality duties (please refer to NGS Gender Equality Scheme for more information) and will therefore report on its progress in this area, every 3 years.