Immunity From Seizure
Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 provides immunity from seizure cover for cultural objects which are loaned from overseas to temporary public exhibitions in approved museums or galleries in the UK where conditions are met when the object enters the UK.
The conditions are:
- The object is usually kept outside the UK.
- The object is not owned by a person who is resident in the UK.
- The import of the object does not contravene any law.
- The object is brought into the UK for the purpose of a temporary public exhibition at an approved museum or gallery.
- The museum or gallery has published information about the object.
For further information about the act and the regulations please refer to the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) website.