Responsible for the management of all artworks held by National Galleries Scotland, the Collections Management department looks after the documentation, transportation and storage of our artworks along with providing all support for our busy public programme.
Immunity From Seizure
National Galleries Scotland is able to provide immunity from seizure under Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007.
Collections Management Policies
The National Galleries of Scotland has statutory responsibilities to care for, preserve and add to the objects in our collections, and to ensure that they are accessible to the broadest possible public. The National Galleries of Scotland Collections Management Policies set out the professional, legal and ethical standards by which we achieve this. They underpin all our collections activities and guide our decision-making, and will be formally reviewed every three years to ensure that they all remain relevant and up to date.
- Object Entry and PreEntry Policy
- Loans In and Loans Out Policy
- Acquisition Policy
- Inventory Control Policy
- Cataloguing Policy
- Location and Movement Control Policy
- Art Handling and Technical Assessment Policy
- Art Transport Policy
- Conservation and Care Policy
- Risk Management Policy
- Insurance and Indemnity Management Policy
- Valuation Control Policy
- Physical Audit Policy
- Record Audit Policy
- Storage Management Policy
- Object Exit and Despatch Policy
- Damage and Loss Policy
- De-accession and Disposal Policy
- Retrospective Documentation Policy