Booking a School Visit
Demand for these visits is high. Requests for guided visits and workshops should be made as early as possible - at least one month in advance - to ensure that your group’s needs are met.
Please have the following information available when you phone to book your visit:
- A range of dates for your visit
- Name of teacher or group leader
- Your full address and telephone number
- The age and size of your group
- Details of any pupils with special needs
Entry to the permanent collection at the National Galleries of Scotland is free to everyone at all times. Entry to paying exhibitions is free to school parties subject to the Education Department receiving two weeks’ notice of your visit. Guided tours of paying exhibitions are free of charge with a minimum of one month’s notice.
- Unless stated otherwise, all guided visits last one hour.
- All visits are designed for a whole class.
- Regrettably, we will have to charge you if you cancel a visit with less than 48 hours' notice.
Please note that an enquiry does not constitute a booking.