In this large watercolour Cameron used a restrained palette to create a feeling of solitude and serenity as the evening light fades. This drawing was probably made in 1905, two years after Cameron moved into his new house ‘Dun Eaglais’ in Kippen. The house had spectacular views of the Forth Valley and Trossachs to the north, and the Garunnock Hills and Stirling Castle to the east. The ever-changing Stirlingshire landscape was probably the source for this watercolour. Cameron first exhibited this work at the Royal Watercolour Society’s Spring Exhibition in 1905. A similar composition, also dating from around 1905, is in the Fleming-Wyfold Collection, London.