This print is the last landscape Cameron made, and it shows a panoramic view of Tantallon Castle sitting at the shores of the Firth of Forth. Tantallon is on the East Lothian coast, some eight miles south of Haddington. The castle was built by William Douglas, 1st Earl of Douglas, in about 1350. It was the scene of many battles over the centuries. In 1651 Cromwell sent an army to attack the castle, and after twelve days of bombardment much of it was destroyed. The castle was then abandoned as a fortress and residence, and sold to the Dalrymple Family in 1699. It was taken into state care in 1924, and is now maintained by Historic Scotland.